Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Birth of MLU


Welcome to Minor League University! I am new to the blogging world, but with some encouragement from a blogger friend of mine, I decided that my experiences within the world of baseball were worth sharing with cyberspace, or at least worth writing down on the Internet for my parents and friends to read / pretend to read /delete without even opening the email entitled "Must Read LoL!"


I am a professional baseball player currently playing in the Minor Leagues, and I have always enjoyed the experiences that have come with competitive baseball- most notably the ridiculous stories and the laughs that come with them. I played ball at a top university in one of the most competitive conferences in the country, and was lucky enough to get drafted and continue playing the game I love for an extremely small amount of money.


My college ball experience was filled with great players, epic games, and unforgettable seasons, but it's the stuff that happened in the weight room, out at batting practice, and most importantly in the clubhouse that are the things I'll remember about my time at school.


As I progress in my baseball career now in the Minors, I have experienced even more shenanigans and tomfoolery and as I reflect, I can't believe how many people are oblivious to what baseball players are really like: the humor, the scandals, the camaraderie. The amount of time a baseball team spends together is unbelievable- it far surpasses the amount of time one spends with their family or friends, and so inevitably some funny shit happens along the way, and that is what this blog is all about.


I want to take you inside college and professional clubhouses to get a feel for what a life in baseball is all about. I'll share stories and give commentaries on the game, certain trends, particular players, and how baseball's place in entertainment is viewed by actual ballplayers.


And if no one reads this, chances are I'll still enjoy all my hilarious stories, spot-on observations, and eerily accurate predictions so it won't be a total waste. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment