Monday, February 21, 2011

Happy Presidents' Day from MLU!

The Harwich Mariners bullpen channels its inner George Washington as they Cross the Delaware searching for runs during the 14th inning of a CCBL game.

Happy Presidents' Day! I'm not even sure what Presidents' Day is- is it Washington's birthday? Lincoln's birthday? A random day chosen to appreciate and celebrate the past leaders of this great country of ours? Who knows? Either way, I'll take it.

One thing I'm sure of is that it's the cherry on the long weekend sundae. Not setting my alarm clock when I go to bed on Sunday night literally makes me giddy. It's a free day: a bonus. Twenty-four hours to do whatever it is you want to do. Sleep, workout, eat, watch a movie- I plan on doing all of these, with perhaps a nap or two thrown into the mix.

So take a minute during this fine, yet oft misunderstood holiday and pay tribute to the boys of oval offices past- Happy Birthday Mr. President, thank you for lumping my usual vote for "worst day of the week" into the weekly miracle known as "the weekend."

To my surprise, I actually enjoy this day more as a working stiff than I did as a student. 

*My apologies to those of you reading this post at your office- it appalls me that some companies still refuse to acknowledge the importance of those little faces on our currency.

What is Presidents' Day?

1 comment:

  1. That's a pretty awesome photo. I grew up a Mariners fan, going to their clinics and everything. Do you know when that photo was taken?

    Enjoy your extra day off!

    ReplyDelete